Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Greet me!!

There is one kind of behaviour that revoltes me. It is when people don't say hello when I meet them or do that not looking into my eyes. I've noticed some people here in Canada who have this kind of behaviour.

Of course, I have to understand that I am in a different country than the one that I grew up in, and consequently, people act in a different way, so what is wrong for me could possibly be considered `not a big deal` here. In my country, we always greet everyone and it's not uncommon, especially in the morning, to say a brief phrase such as "good morning!" or just "morning!" to people that we don't know but who are passing in the same street as us.

In fact, in my country the way of greeting friends is different: a man and a woman and also two women give kisses in the cheek, while two men shake hands. It isn't offensive in Brazilian culture to touch people. Here in Canada, touching, especially kissing, might be offensive to some people.

I'm not certain but I think that in all cultures, no matter the way, people greet each other. I believe that when someone says "Good Morning!" to me, not only causes a good impression but also makes my day happier as if the person had given me some kind of "good energy" to deal with the challenges of the day. So, if you want to continue to be my friend, don't forget that!!!!

No comments: