Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Challenged overcome in vancouver

Well, my story may not be that impressive, but it is something that happened to me that I consider as an overcome challenge in Vancouver.
Last week, some people from Tamwood decided to do something after school. As we are in a very cold city, we decided to go to an ice-skating place where everybody could have fun.
For me, it would be a great new thing, because in opposite of most of people who came, I hadn`t ever ice-skated before, because I come from a tropical country!!!!!
Actually, I had. But it was when I was 5 or 6. There was an ice-skating place in a mall in the capital of my state and I went there with my family, but that was such a long time ago.
Well, as you can imagine, I fell down many and many times. But I decided that I would complete one lap on the ice without falling. That was my challenge.
It is not easy to ice-skate, especially when we have to turn. People tried to help me achieving my goal, but that wasn`t easy. I almost gave up, but finally, and many more falls later, I did it. It`s a pity that no one was looking, so there are still people who don`t believe that I did it - but I swear I did it!!
Well, that`s my challeged overcome, I am really glad that I could do that.

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Way to go! Ice skating is hard (the the ice even harder:) And of course you managed to make it all the way around when no one was looking. It's always that way, isn't it? At least YOU know you met your challenge.